Did you know that spiders are some of the most successful creatures on the planet? They can be found pretty much everywhere, and there are over 40,000 different species. While many people are afraid of spiders, they serve an essential purpose by controlling the population of insects. If you're having a problem with spiders in your home, don't worry; Pest Czar provides reliable pest control in Annapolis and can help you get rid of all spiders, keeping your home spider-free all year long.
Common Places Spiders Hide
One of the reasons it can be so challenging to get rid of spiders is that they're experts at hiding. They can be found anywhere on your property and love to hide in dark, secluded places. Some common areas you'll find spiders include:
- In closets
- Behind furniture
- In crawl spaces
- Under beds or behind curtains
- In your basement, cellar, or attic
If you're concerned about common household spiders in your home, it's best to contact a professional pest control company for assistance in ridding your home of all spiders.
Spiders Are Good For The Environment
Love them or hate them, spiders are an essential part of our ecosystem. As such, rather than killing them, you should instead opt to get rid of spiders naturally. Some of the ways these eight-legged critters help the environment include:
- Insect population control: Spiders are predators of insects, so by having spiders in your yard or garden, you're reducing the population of other harmful bugs.
- Pollination: Many species of spiders are important pollinators, meaning they help transfer pollen between flowers which helps with fruit and seed production.
- Decomposition: Spiders play a fundamental role in breaking down dead organic matter, helping to keep soil healthy.
- Medical potential: The venom from some spiders may be used to treat diseases like cancer.
- Engineering inspiration: Scientists have looked to spider webs to create materials that can withstand high impact and tension.
- Food source for other animals: Spiders are an excellent food source for other animals. Birds, frogs, and snakes all enjoy them as meals.
While spiders are important to the ecosystem, that doesn't mean you want them in your home.
Spiders Are Not So Good For Your Home
While most spiders, including the common household spiders, are good for the environment, they're much less welcome in your home, bringing a variety of problems and concerns, such as:
- The webbing of some spider species can damage wood and other materials in your home.
- Spiders also tend to invade areas that have a high concentration of food sources, such as kitchens or pantries, which can lead them into unwanted contact with humans or pets.
- Some spiders are venomous and can cause harm and health risks if they bite you.
- If you have spiders in your home, then chances are, other pests are acting as the food source for spiders. For example, if you have a high concentration of flies or cockroaches, this will attract more spiders to your home.
- Webs in corners and along the ceilings can make your house look dirty and cluttered.
If you're not comfortable with spiders in your home, contact Pest Czar for safe, effective spider control services. Not only will we remove the spiders, but we can also help take steps to prevent them from coming back into your home in the future.
The Best Spider Control Plan
Because of the health risks and secondary infestations that often come along with a spider population in your home, you'll want to enlist the help of a professional pest control company. At Pest Czar, we have a team of experts who can help you get rid of spiders from your home. Our spider treatment plans are easy and affordable. Call us today to learn more about how we can help you get rid of spiders for good.