Bed bugs have been making a comeback in recent years. These bloodsucking insects can make your life difficult, giving you sleepless nights and leaving your home in tatters. If you suspect a bed bug infestation in your home, you'll want to take immediate action. Instead of wasting time and money on unproven DIY methods, contact Pest Czar for Baltimore pest control you can count on.
Bed Bugs Are Not Only Found In Dirty Homes
One of the biggest myths about bed bugs in Baltimore is that they only live in dirty homes. This isn't true. Bed bugs can be found in any home, regardless of how clean or dirty it is. The best way to know if you have bed bugs is to look for signs of their presence.
- Bite marks on your skin: These bugs feed on blood, so you may find bite marks on your skin. These bites often look like small red bumps or welts and are often found in a line or pattern.
- Bloodstains on your sheets: Bed bugs often leave dark blood stains on your sheets when they feed.
- Strong, musty odor: Bed bugs give off a strong, musty smell when they're present.
- Live bed bugs: You definitely have a bed bug infestation if you see any live bed bugs.
- Dark spots on your mattress or furniture: Bed bugs can leave stains on your bed or furniture when they're crushed.
- Eggshells or eggs: Bed bug eggs are small and a semi-translucent white color. Seeing bed bug eggs is a sure sign you have an infestation.
If you think you may have bed bugs, the best thing to do is call local pest control for bed bugs. Pest Czar can identify the bed bug size and scope of the infestation and recommend treatments to fully eradicate the problem.
Bed Bugs Don't Just Hide In Beds
Another myth about bed bugs is that they only live in beds. This isn't true, either.
They can be found almost anywhere people are, including:
- Sofas and chairs
- Hotels or motels
- Bus stations
- Daycare centers
If you require bed bug control services in Baltimore, call Pest Czar for safe, effective bed bug control you can count on.
Bed Bugs Are Impossible To Get Rid Of On Your Own
Despite the sheer volume of DIY suggestions available, you can't get rid of bed bugs on your own. Bed bug control is challenging because they're tough to find and difficult to eradicate. Many people who attempt bed bug control by themselves end up regretting it. Why? Because the bugs come back a few days later.
For reliable bed bug control services in Baltimore, call Pest Czar. Our years of experience and knowledge mean we'll eliminate your bed bug problem right the first time. We use industry-leading Aprehend, an EPA-registered, non-toxic treatment that works quickly and safely to eradicate an infestation, with minimal preparation needed on your part.
You Can Prevent Bed Bugs
The best way to handle a bed bug problem is to avoid one in the first place.
Some steps you can take to prevent bed bugs in your home are:
- Carefully inspect all secondhand purchases before bringing them into your home.
- When traveling, keep belongings off of the floor or upholstered materials, and inspect them before returning home.
- Use mattress and box spring encasements to protect your bed.
- Regularly wash your bedding and dry on high heat.
Pest Czar's bed bug control services can help prevent bed bugs from infesting your home. Our team of experienced technicians will identify the source of your infestation and safely eliminate it. Call us today to discuss your bed bug control needs and get started on our effective home pest control and commercial pest control services.