Of all the pests that could invade your home, cockroaches are some of the most hazardous. If you’ve spotted even one in your home, now is the time to learn the easy-to-spot signs of a cockroach infestation, get educated on the reasons why they are hazardous to your health, find out the best way to get rid of cockroaches in your home, and discover five tips to prevent them from taking over. If you are struggling with a cockroach infestation, Pest Czar provides pest control in Baltimore you can rely on to eliminate these hardy pests as quickly as possible.
Easy-To-Spot Signs Of A Cockroach Infestation
You might not want to see signs of cockroach infestation, but it is important to learn to recognize them. Some of the clues indicating an active cockroach population include:
- Discarded cockroach exoskeletons: Cockroaches shed their skin regularly, and you might find discarded shells around your home.
- Cockroach feces: Cockroach feces look like black pepper or ground coffee.
- Smear marks: When cockroaches climb walls or walk all over your floors, they can leave unsightly brown smear marks.
- A pungent smell: Described as oily and musty, cockroaches leave an unmistakably strong smell behind wherever they go.
- Live cockroaches: If you see one or more cockroaches, it is likely that you are dealing with an infestation, as even a couple of cockroaches can multiply quickly and take over.
If you see any signs of cockroaches in your home, it is crucial that you reach out to a pest control company, as these unhygienic pests can be very hazardous to your health.
How Cockroaches Are Hazardous To Your Health
Cockroaches are hazardous to your health because they can transmit dangerous pathogens such as salmonella, transmit potentially life-threatening diseases including polio and cholera, and they can trigger asthma and allergic reactions. These problems are even more concerning in children, the elderly, and the immunocompromised, and finding effective cockroach control treatments needs to be a priority if you have spotted them in your home.
The Best Way To Get Rid Of Cockroaches In Your Home
The best way to get rid of cockroaches in your home is to have it professionally inspected, and to follow a treatment plan to get rid of them at every stage of their life cycle. At Pest Czar, we service the Baltimore area with the most up-to-date treatments that are both safe and effective. Contact us today to schedule your home inspection and get a personalized quote. Once your infestation is taken care of, it is important to also prevent future ones as well.
Five Tips To Prevent Future Cockroach Infestation
Even when you do not have an active infestation, the following five tips can show you how to deter cockroaches effectively:
- Keep your kitchen and dining areas clean: Cockroaches are often attracted to food, and they can feast on even small crumbs and spills. Try to keep all surfaces clean and sanitize them regularly.
- Keep garbage cans closed: If you keep garbage cans in the house, make sure that they close tightly and that they are wiped clean often.
- Put away all food at night: Cockroaches are especially active when the house is quiet. Before going to bed, make sure that all food sources are put away. This includes pet food as well as food scraps in garbage disposals.
- Seal off your home’s entry points: Cockroaches can flatten themselves and fit into tiny crevices, but making sure your house’s walls and foundation are in good shape can help keep them out.
- Hire a pest control company to conduct inspections and recommend treatments when necessary: When natural ways to control cockroaches aren’t enough, the experts can help.
These five tips can help keep cockroaches from coming back into your home when followed scrupulously. If they are not enough, it might be time to contact us to schedule a thorough home inspection.
Cockroaches are carriers of many diseases and are hard to exterminate, but at Pest Czar, our knowledgeable and professional team of experts can help you get rid of them safely and prevent them from returning.